Movie: The Truman Show
Music: Katy Perry's One Of The Boys Album and some Grammy Awards stuff
Life: Just random stuff.
Now you don't have to read everything. Just whatever interests you! But I would appreciate it more if you read everything, reader! :P Or you can read one segment per day! I write multiple topics so everyone can relate. Oh, just do whatever you want! :P
Movie: The Truman Show (1998)
Jim Carrey stars in this one. I've seen him in many films in which he was awesome. The guy is totally underrated and deserves more Awards! Give him more awards, damn it! The Truman Show is something like Big Brother except he doesn't know. This movie came out just before the Reality Show business boomed. For some reason, the movie predicted the rise of reality TV and maybe influenced Reality Shows. Now we get a whole horde of them but only one or two are interesting lol! Now going back, this movie has a big heart and you should definitely watch it and see how Jim acts very natural. This movie will make you cry and think. I know it's an old movie but this is a movie you must watch before you die!
P.S., Rated PG-13, a movie that everyone in the family can watch.
Music. Katy Perry's One Of The Boys Album. She kissed a girl and she liked it, check! She allowed herself to be a laughing stock in front of the European Music Awards by plunging herself and slipping 2-3 times on purpose in a huge cake, check! Beautiful physical appearance, check! Absolutely hairless and white underarms? WHAT? Well, uhm, check? Hahaha! So she's a very promising star, maybe more promising than Rihanna but not as promising as Lady Gaga! I have her album like months ago, a week after I Kissed A Girl but this is the first time I actually listened to it! She's got some really great songs but there are times her songs suffer from the same alternative tune we've heard so many times before. Half of the songs in her album are worth listening to so if you're a fan of Pop Rock like Pink, Avril Lavigne, etc., you should definitely check her out!
P.S., Totally fun pop rock music!
Some might say she's a poser. I say enough of the stereotypes! It's all about the music, the lyrics and the overall feel and soul of the song. For example, I don't dig the Jonas Brothers but I liked Lovebug because of the lyrics and the video. I don't dig Camp Rock but I loved Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato's This Is Me. Don't just stick to one or two genres and generalize an artist!
Grammy Awards. (Just some reactions.)
Record of the Year: Please Read This Letter. I haven't listened to it but let's go to the other contender, M.I.A. The girl deserves it! She splashed into the music scene with her album Kala which is Indian music fused with crazy stuff. If you have watched Slumdog Millionaire, you'll hear some of the songs there. Chasing Pavements by Adele is heavy competition and the performance with Sugarland was totally hair rising and outstanding but sadly, she lost against Robert Plant and Alison Krauss but she took home a couple of awards.
Song Of The Year: Viva La Vida by Coldplay. Enough said, this song is pure genius! Everything is perfect about the song. The only contender I was rooting for is American Boy by Estelle ft. Kanye West.
Best Dance Recording: Daft Punk's Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. Not a fan of Daft Punk but I was pleased with the song. It would have been better if Lady Gaga's Just Dance took home the award, though! No, I don't think I'm not so biased!
Best Rap Album: Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III. I really love Lil Wayne and perhaps my most favorite track on his album is Dr. Carter! It's just really brilliant stuff. But then there's American Gangster by Jay-Z and Lupe Fiasco's The Cool which are both awesome. Jay-Z's album American Gangster is inspired by the same name which Ridley Scott directed and Denzel Washington stars in. It's about a drug lord named Frank Lucas. Anyway, the movie is about 3 hours long so check it out if you have time! I rate the movie a 10 out of 10, by the way.
Best Rap Performance by A Duo or Group: Swagger Like Us by T.I., Lil Wayne, Kanye West and M.I.A. This song is by far the best rap song I've ever heard and I'm not over exaggerating! PLEASE, please, check this song out!
There are so many awards and I'm too lazy to type them all and tell what I think lol! So this should suffice for now!
- I can't wait for this week to be over. All I want right now is to rest! There are so many things I wanna do. Like read a book I just picked up, Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern, watch a new movie, I'll pick between Zack And Miri Make A Porno and Trainspotting, I need a dose of 30 Rock, I need to hang out with High School Friends this upcoming Valentine's, actually get to sleep like 8 hours a day, nap included. This is how I relax but with school getting in the way, all I wanna do is to rest, rest, rest!
- I forgot to check if my application for shifting to Psychology was approved.
- This is a great day, I picked up plenty of courage in one class because I made some new friends, listened attentively to a panel discussion about the Executive Department and just talked and talked with people around me when someone was reporting about Charlemagne the Great lol.
- I tasted a new sort of Pizza. Milano from Pizza Hut.
- I passed a Valentine's Card to my Professor. A Valentine's Card for the country.
- I feel dehydrated these past few days.
- I finished reading The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. A pretty good fiction book fused with the author's philosophical views. Rating: 7/10.
- I want to go somewhere quiet. There are times like this that I find the city very chaotic and I can't concentrate!
- What is your favorite cereal? Mine's Koko Krunch and Corn Flakes.
- I'll sleep after writing this.
Something to check out:Much Love,
LOL this is so cute! Just about a minute long.
(Big thanks to Menatsu for sharing this video!) =))
(Big thanks to Menatsu for sharing this video!) =))