I've been pretty much 'single' all my life (by all my life, I mean 17 years old) with a few serious and not-so-serious relationships here and there but I have never, so far, fell bad for somebody. There are a few reasons I could think of that I'm sure a lot of us can relate to and here they are:
There are a lot of things I want to do by myself. I enjoy watching movies alone so I can focus on the film and the message. I love reading and the slightest noise would irritate me. These are just some things but there are a whole lot more. It's not like I don't want people around me; I'm actually afraid of being alone and no one to talk to but there are some things I would rather do without anyone's company because they're just distracting!
Commitment. Commitment with friends is alright but a commitment in a serious relationship is something I'm not good in. I'm not really afraid of commitment, it's just that I'm not too good at it.
When I'm in a relationship, I hate having to text him every single day of forever answering his questions that he already asked the other day (and preceding days) like "Have you had lunch already?" "What are you doing?" like seriously, don't you have your own life lol? It's sweet sometimes but I just don't want to go and answer repetitive questions that lead nowhere! I love "Good morning, sweetie!", though. It brightens up my day! But then they follow it up with "Have you had breakfast already?" LOL. It's nice but not all the time!
I hate it when he always hangs around me. It's nice to be together but I always make it clear that even if we are in a relationship, he should still hang out with his friends and me with mine. We both need space otherwise we would look alike as we are always together! Our faces might trade without space! Besides, missing each other is better as being together all the time spells boredom later on. Life must go on with added responsibilities here and there. We must not close the world behind us, it doesn't work that way. We should continue to develop individually.
Oh, and there are times when you have to split the bills or he pays the bills or sometimes I do. I really can't save much when I'm in a relationship LOL.
- My ideal Commitment. Seeing him 3-4 times a week is ideal. Whenever we meet, we have loads of stories to tell and we miss each other more. Distance makes the heart go fonder but not a really LONG distance like once a month LOL. There is a lot of room for self development that we must continue to develop and not stop just because we entered a relationship. As much as possible, we should not go to the same school or have the same schedule. I always value space for our own good. I don't want us t o be in each other's necks. If we're not together, we should consider our limitations, we should be faithful and honest to each other.
- I want an intelligent guy and has an adequate knowledge of the world. And no, there is no Educational Requirement like "He should have straight A's!" or "He shouldn't have any failing grades!" as I failed a lot of subjects myself LOL. Just as long as he is intelligent (not really Academic based), then he is qualified! I want someone who cannot live without books. (Regards to Thomas Jefferson!)
- We should have some same interests. (Preferably a lover of music, books, films and technology)
- Is properly groomed. (Hair, clothes, etc.)
- Has a good sense of humor, preferably the same humor as mine.
- As for the traits, I don't know what I want but I know what I don't want.
- Must start as friends and decide later on if it's gonna be moved to the next level.
Yeah, just looking at this and you might say, "Incredibly picky!" but it's not like I want my every requirement to be there. Of course I make some considerations! Sometimes, I wonder if I can ever find a guy who possesses almost all of the requirements. If I ever do, I swear I won't stop until he's mine! Go me!
Not showing much interest to almost all of the guys who make their move. Yeah, most of the time, I don't give them a chance to show how serious they are. Probably because they're not my type and/or I don't know them that well. As I've mentioned before, I want us to be friends first. I want someone who loves me for who I am, someone who can accept my negative traits. I ignore a lot of things they say that is related to them liking me. Sometimes, I don't know what's wrong with me!
That concludes mine. What about yours?
Photo taken by Yours Truly