Movies: Academy Awards
Music: Nicole Scherzinger of the Pussycat Dolls: Wardrobe malfunction?
TV Show: American Idol Season 8
Academy Awards. Now this has got to be the most prestigious awards show in the Film Industry. For every category, there are 5 nominees and they are chosen from perhaps hundreds of good films out there. Just being nominated for a category also feels like winning an Oscar but perhaps not as great as winning one, (or more!) though!
Anyway, out of all the nominees, I just watched perhaps just a handful of films and I know, I know, it's a shame to miss the other ones! I've watched:
- The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button (I seriously don't find Brad Pitt THAT good as everyone claims he is. The one that stood out for me was Taraji P. Henson.)
- Slumdog Millionaire (Very unforgettable film, everything was superb about it and I would love to visit India someday!)
- Tropic Thunder (Very funny but has flaws. Funniest comedy I've seen in a while.)
- Vicky Cristina Barcelona (Twisted but really great with Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johannson around!)
- The Duchess (Might seem very boring for most of the people but having Keira around is enough to make me love this! She portrays characters very well especially on Atonement and Pride And Prejudice IMO.)
- HellBoy II: The Golden Army
- Wanted (The movie that fueled my interest in Films again after such a long time!)
- Iron Man
- Kung Fu Panda
Nicole Scherzinger of The Pussycat Dolls: Wardrobe Malfunction while performing at Amsterdam. I'm sure a lot of people already knew about the alleged wardrobe malfunction. Let me disappoint the whole lot of you who are into these 'things'. IT IS FAKE. That's right, in gleaming red and bold letters. And the video doesn't even reveal anything as the glare from the lights were too strong AND people on the front row claimed they did not see anything. Now let me end this issue with this link: http://www.pussycat-dolls.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=274&pos=110
Yep, she always got them bras on. End of discussion, moving on!
American Idol Season 8. I'm not actually a follower of American Idol. I've watched some episodes here and there in the past. but right now, I got hooked into it! This season boasts amazing and real talent unlike other episodes who only have few potential stars. And I have to admit I wasn't even impressed with last season's winner. The guy on the right is Adam Lambert, my bet, my American Idol! He's just so good and he can make me cry because I'm easily overwhelmed lol.
Would also love to see more of Tatiana Del Toro but it's kind of a shame she didn't make the cut! I also like the gay dude Nathaniel Marshall; I like his personality and the way he belts out high notes. Also the blind and very inspiring dude, Scott McIntyre. It's amazing how he goes on like normal people who can see.
Life and random bits.
- Yesterday, I had a talk with the Dean of the Psychology Department. I originally planned to take AB Psychology but then after having that talk with the Dean, he sort of encouraged me to take BS Psychology instead as it has a wider scope and is Pre-Med (AB is Pre-Law, can't imagine myself taking law as I don't like Politics). He also said a whole barrage of things and approved my application for shifting from Computer Science to either AB or BS Psychology! So next term, which is around May, I'll be leaving my friends in my current school and moving on to a new environment and new stuff to study. I'll be blogging more on shifting probably in my next blog and the ups and downs.
- I am sick as I type this so forgive me if my humor is kind of dry lol. I still have classes tomorrow morning and I have to attend it as one more absent and I'll be dropped by the Professor LOL. I kinda love slacking.
- Shoutout to all of my 1up friends!
- I bought a new book, Song Yet Sung by James McBride.
- Jennifer Hudson is currently belting out high notes in Dreamgirls on our HBO lol!
- Happy Birthday, Dad - even though you have no idea about this personal space of mine. Will probably reveal it to you in the next couple of years LOL.